1. Question: What are some of the chemicals which are used to compound FEMALE HORMONE REPLACEMENT medications?
Answer: Natural micronized PROGESTERONE, Estrone, Estriol, Estradiol, DHEA, Methyltestosterone, Testosterone, 5-Hydroxytryptophan, Pregnenolone, Combinations of the above.
2. Question: What dosage forms do you compound?
- Sublingual Tablets
- Vaginal Suppositories
3. Question: What is oral natural MICRONIZED PROGESTERONE?
- Widely accepted as a better alternative for hormone replacement than Medroxyprogesterone
- Better tolerated with distinct advantages over commonly manufactured progesterone (medroxyprogesterone)
- Has a favorable effect on CHOLESTEROL when used in combination with estrogen
- Widely used in vaginal suppositories for the treatment of infertility and miscarriages
(Reference: “Effects of Estrogen or Estrogen/Progestin Regimens on Heart Disease Risk Factors in Postmenopausal Women”, JAMA, January 18, 1995-Vol.273, No.3 )
4. Question: How can your services help my patients?
Answer: Many patients experience unwanted side effects from manufactured hormone medications due to fillers, dyes or the type of drug derivative. Compounding can offer patients NATURAL MICRONIZED HORMONES, such as PROGESTERONE, as an alternative.
Most patients experience fewer side effects and can work with their physician to adjust the prescription strength to meet their health needs. “The advantages of natural progesterone have become evident….due to an increasing dissatisfaction among women taking the synthetic Hormone Replacement Therapy regimens.
“What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About MENOPAUSE, The Breakthrough Book on Natural Progesterone. Lee, John R., M.D. Warner Times, Inc. 1996, page 66.
5. Question: How can you help my patients get the correct dose?
Answer: Many patients cut their tablets to obtain a dose appropriate for their condition because the manufactured prescription drug is not available in the correct strength for the patient. Martin Avenue Pharmacy can provide a dosage form, such as a capsule, liquid or cream, which has the correct strength of the drug you prescribe.
6. Question: About Prescribing for your patients
Answer: Any one or a combination of the drugs listed above can be compounded and shipped directly to your patient’s home. Pricing available upon request. Most prescriptions are sent via PRIORITY MAIL which takes 1-3 days. UPS and FedEx services are also available for overnight delivery.